| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #3 Registration
2014-04-19 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
Congratulations Jeff and Simon

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amax20

Score: 3643

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Congratulations Jeff and Simon Reply with quote

Its good to see the local racer do well in the big show. Great job to both of you. good run
Jeff Sikes
Junior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 8045

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Allen!
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 32602

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon and Jeff,
Great job on Saturday with the win. Nice especially with 24 drivers at a very challenging track. I think this also proves once again, with right driver and tuner, you can still beat the guys with the paid tuners. All it takes is a dad that is willing to put the extra effort into learning what it takes to tune a chassis and coach your son or daughter.

Were you on the Arrow or Tony Kart?

Last edited by John Wehrheim on Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 28303

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picture shows white bodywork, so most likely Tony.

What happened on Sunday. Based on lap times like something was not working properly and then he had to defend his 7th position in last few laps.
Jeff Sikes
Junior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 8045

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words guys! It was great to win one, we have been so close in the past.

Sunday we were fast in the qualifying we just did not have the right draft partner and qualified 5th. the two heats were very confusing to me, as some laps we could not get off the corner going on the long straight. As a result we started the final in 7th. Just before the final i figured out the brakes were dragging. I was able to rebuild them before the final but we lost the day as far as tuning goes. The result was we were fast for about 5 laps and then the front tightened up which made the kart really loose in the rear and we started falling back. Simon lost the lead pack draft and had to fight to keep 7th.

great weekend. the United States Pro Kart races are AWESOME! Lots of track time, great people, cash payouts for different accomplishments and they have had a barbeque dinner for everyone the last two races!!!

Congratulations to Chris too. Every time I watched the TaG Pro class he was in the lead or right there in front.

The kart is an older birel that Rick let us borrow after our struggles at the New Castles Man Cup race. Thanks Rick!

If anyone wants to buy the Comet yamaha that won this race let me know! It is for sale. We are selling our sportsman stuff to get ready for Jr.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 2 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: