| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #8 Registration
2014-07-26 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
opinion of GOKARTSUSA out of California??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael-Brown

Score: 873

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:52 am    Post subject: opinion of GOKARTSUSA out of California?? Reply with quote

I really need a Kart like this week. i know it may be a stretch.. saw this company and wondered if anyone had any experience with them? they have some really nice looking karts and great prices. one is an XR Adult race Go KArt??
Chuck Newman
Junior 4 Cycle Director

Score: 5436

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael,
I think a couple of questions need to be answered before we can give you any advice:
1. Do you intend to race whatever you buy? What class do you want to run?

2. Have you considered a local, pre-owned purchase? Just because you don't see anything in the classifieds doesn't mean there's nothing available.

If you're just looking for something to ride, but not race, that kart should be fine. If you want to race, I'd be looking at something else.

CN
Michael-Brown

Score: 873

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son is looking to race in the Clone class 4 cycle. i have looked around the internet for karts and didn't see a whole lot of choices. it would be great to find a race ready kart since he would like to continue. as you may know he had a Shifter that we have now sold and i'm feverishly looking for a replacement kart, not a shifter but a clone or as he put it, a Briggs. i'm kind of thinking this to be an early H.S. graduation gift.
Chuck Newman
Junior 4 Cycle Director

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since that's the purpose, I'd be looking for a dedicated 4cycle race kart.
First call I'd make would be to Robert's Kart Shop and talk to Stevie. When we got into the sport, I was looking for a brand new race kart. Instead of taking my money, Stevie pointed me to a really nice pre-owned kart that that one of his customers had. In fact, we still own it.

The down side to the Gokartsusa kart is that it doesn't have a blueprinted engine, it's got a generic clutch, it's not going to be setup...lots more stuff to do, and it STILL won't compete with a Razor, Coyote, MGM, or Ionic Edge.
Road Rat in Ocala sells the same kart...

Call Stevie.

770-603-1127

CN
Mike Pugh
Race Director

Score: 33862

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to a race ready Razor kart (built by Stevie) on our forum. Very nice and well kept. It is in Alpharetta. I pm'ed you a contact number.
http://www.georgiasprintkarting.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6173
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33468

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael
First, you are doing the right thing by asking on the forum. I will be blunt. The kart that you mentioned is a piece of junk. Stay away. Chuck and Mike are right, buy locally. There are numerous 4cycle chassis available either used or new.
Chuck Newman
Junior 4 Cycle Director

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike's right.
That would be a good one. Carter takes very good care of his stuff.

CN
matt skaggs

Score: 2735

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another kart built locally in GA. Is the Ionic Edge Chassis....I have been in the sport for over 20 years and have driven lots of different chassis brands. The craftsmanship and detail that goes into each Ionic Edge is top notch. Kyle Luttrell builds the Ionic Edge and his at track support is second to none....He takes alot of pride in his innovation and new ideas that goes into his chassis...I have been driving the Ionic Edge for a year and a half and have won races in SIRA, SEKA, AURS and had top 5s in GSKA and just returned from The WKA World Nationals with 2 top 5s in Daytona and 2 top 5s in Jacksonville. ....He has karts for sale race-ready or just the chassis. He can sell you an older used chassis or a 1-race old chassis. Check out the website at www.luttrellracing.com
matt skaggs

Score: 2735

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another kart built locally in GA. Is the Ionic Edge Chassis....I have been in the sport for over 20 years and have driven lots of different chassis brands. The craftsmanship and detail that goes into each Ionic Edge is top notch. Kyle Luttrell builds the Ionic Edge and his at track support is second to none....He takes alot of pride in his innovation and new ideas that goes into his chassis...I have been driving the Ionic Edge for a year and a half and have won races in SIRA, SEKA, AURS and had top 5s in GSKA and just returned from The WKA World Nationals with 2 top 5s in Daytona and 2 top 5s in Jacksonville. ....He has karts for sale race-ready or just the chassis. He can sell you an older used chassis or a 1-race old chassis. Check out the website at www.luttrellracing.com
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 46240

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Pugh wrote:
Here is a link to a race ready Razor kart (built by Stevie) on our forum. Very nice and well kept. It is in Alpharetta. I pm'ed you a contact number.
http://www.georgiasprintkarting.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6173

You have a pm. I will be near Carter's home Sunday and Monday and pick up the kart then and you can meet me at my home in Decatur Monday of next week or after. This is a turn key kart.

Don't make the mistake you did with the shifter, get a dedicated race kart right off. We will help you in any way. Check you pm for my contact info.c
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: