| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #8 Registration
2014-07-26 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
Atlanta Motorama at AMS!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DigiDAD

Score: 572

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Atlanta Motorama at AMS!!!! Reply with quote

GSKA will be exhibiting a booth at this event. If anyone is interested in attending or helping with the booth, i.e. handing out flyers, please let me know. I am thinking we need 2-4 hour shifts Saturday and the same Sunday.
It is a great opportunity to spread the GSKA word. I promise if you help we will make it fun and worth your while!!!!

www.atlantamotorspeedway.com/events/atlanta_motorama/

Click here to sign up!!!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1leTjveXKfthdAdYXxM9EBxXBRQZjPh-9UNvHsAM2HL8/viewform
Crew Chief #13 David Lawrence

Last edited by DigiDAD on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:55 am; edited 3 times in total
Jeff Foust

Score: 3710

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George - I talked to Chip about this a while ago and told him we could probably bring some karts down and hang out. Sunday would probably work best for us. We've got a good collection of kid karts, adult karst, vintage karts, etc that we could drag along to show. Shoot me a message.

-Jeff
edward 54

Score: 2100

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:18 am    Post subject: Atlanta Motorama at AMS Reply with quote

If you and dad ( Larry ) go included me too. I can bring my karts too, how was the racing Saturday I wish I was there.

Edward 54 razor/arrow Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DigiDAD

Score: 572

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the offers, I will let you know. I am not sure how much room we will have. The booth is only 10x10. Dicky Wilson has agreed to let us show his twin enduro kart. It definitely has WOW factor. ( I will ask if there is an any we can display karts!)

I am thinking we can work in 2 shifts per day, 9-1 and then 1-5.

We will have flyers to hand out about karting and we are going to set up a TV with video of racing and photos. I am sure people will have questions as well.

We have you all down and THANKS for helping. I think it will be a fun event and maybe we can get GSKA so well deserved exposure.

Please PM me the times you can work.

The racing yesterday was great. We had some out of town guests with us and they were impressed with the camaraderie and how willing everyone helped each other. Weather was great.

David had a great time racing in sportsman senior. He was disappointed about his clone breaking a crankshaft. He is blaming the pollen!
Crew Chief #13 David Lawrence
Jeff Foust

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Atlanta Motorama at AMS Reply with quote

edward 54 wrote:
If you and dad ( Larry ) go included me too. I can bring my karts too, how was the racing Saturday I wish I was there.

Edward 54 razor/arrow Very Happy

The racing was great... Perfect weather, and with all the Yamaha guys off running Man Cup (or wherever they all were), we had a pretty laid back day with a few less classes than usual. We wrapped up early and dad and I turned some laps on a vintage Margay with a KT100 (holy cow that thing is quick - and extra exciting with almost non-existent brakes).

Oh yeah and I suppose it's worth mentioning that the old man won the sportsman feature....
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 46242

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest a modern kart too, so people can compare. c
Jeff Foust

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrChip wrote:
I suggest a modern kart too, so people can compare. c

Yep, assuming I have room in the booth, I was planning on bringing Daniel's kart.. Might be able to get some kid butts in the seat and get them interested.
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 46242

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coordinate it with George Lawrence. One wow kart and one modern kart should do it. c
Doug Austin
Senior 4 Cycle Director

Score: 5301

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George, I live 5 min from the track. I can help on either day, just let me know when.
jeff bacon

Score: 15140

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want, I have a PowerPoint presentation that we used at the Auto Show a couple of years ago.
www.jeffsgarageandspeedshop.com
www.gakartsales.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: