| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #4 Registration
2014-05-03 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
Clarification on drops
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeff bacon

Score: 15015

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Clarification on drops Reply with quote

There seems to be some confusion in regards to drops. The board decided to add a drop from what the rule book said. The GSKA will allow three drops this year. Initially we were going to require two in the Spring and one in the Fall, in order to encourage participation in the Fall season, but due to the race cancellation in the Spring that we made up last weekend, we will allow one drop in the Spring and two drops in the Fall, but that is not required.

Our rule book is also inconsistent with the WKA rule book in reference to DQ drops. Basically, WKA rule 803.10 states that a DQ can be dropped, except for Unsportsmanlike conduct. So, the WKA manual trumps the GSKA rule book.
www.jeffsgarageandspeedshop.com
www.gakartsales.com
DrChip
Club President

Score: 42525

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the second half of the season drops already figured in in the points standing just posted through race 9? c
DrChip
Club President

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I now understand that one drop in the first half of the seasoning two drops in the last half of the season have already been figured in as of the 9/7 races.

I also understand that the three lowest race points have already automatically subtracted out as of the last race of 9/7.

What I am not sure is the statement "...we will allow one drop in the Spring, and two drops in the Fall, BUT THAT WILL NOT BE REQUIRED"

So we do not have to take the dropped points if we do not want to?

Just trying to learn...c
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 28354

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This "two here and one there" was something new last year and this year.
Drops right now are calculated automatically, regardless of when was race. It would take too much time to program drops calculation into script just to find it will change next year.
So for now, in current standings, drops are taken 3 lowest points from all past races. After last race, drops will be adjusted according to current year rules.
DrChip
Club President

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question still is: Does a driver HAVE to take the drops that are automatically calculated to drop, or can that driver choose NOT to drop race points that automatically are dropped.

I do not want to discourage drivers from driving in any races..c
rubentarca

Score: 2440

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the more drops GSKA adds the less we promote people to come to race and discourage those of us coming to every race
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 32663

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad we have 3 drops. Next race I have to go to a wedding and the last race I will be in Vegas for the Super Nats.
jeff bacon

Score: 15015

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on Ihor's input, it appears we need to keep it simple and have three drops, regardless of race season.
www.jeffsgarageandspeedshop.com
www.gakartsales.com
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 32663

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeff bacon wrote:
Based on Ihor's input, it appears we need to keep it simple and have three drops, regardless of race season.

I agree.
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 28354

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Dr.Cheap: Drops, by definition, are mandatory. Can you imagine they can be voluntary? Will it make sense when some will drop and others don't? Championship points have to be calculated for equal number of races.

@Ruben: We need drops for reasons like John's. If we do not allow drops we may find out in the middle of the season that people stopped coming, because they will lose championship by missing race or two. For those who come to every race this is additional opportunity to gather best races only and drop races with some misfortune like broken chain, mechanical dq (droppable) or other circumstances.

@Jeff: We can still figure out drops by current rules, they will not be visible right away after each race. But I would rather simplify it. Some do not like cold in March and April. Some may have other activities during fall.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: