| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
Dr. Cheap is stepping up to sponsor clone Medium for 2013

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 47307

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Dr. Cheap is stepping up to sponsor clone Medium for 2013 Reply with quote

jeff bacon wrote:
We only had 2 races last year with more than 1 Clone Medium so it was voted to drop the class. That being said, if we can get at least 3 guys to commit to that class then it could be reinstated.

Ok, guys, Dr. Cheap is stepping up to sponsor the Clone medium class for 2013!

Mike Sibley and Chuck's son Chris Newman plans to race, plus Jason Fitzpatrick, the winner of last years Clone medium class makes 3, and Tyler Austin, who ran several races in this class, make 4!

Who else intends to run Clone Medium? Let's hear from you before my wife finds out I am spending my Social Security money on kart racing sponsorship!
DrChip
2014 President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject:

I'm going to be running medium this year,......Doug
DrChip
2014 President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we need at least 3 to make the class..

Looks,like we are close..

Let's hear from the others who are committed to run the Senior Clone Medium in 2013. c
Bob Barthelemy
Secretary/Treasurer

Score: 4810

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Clone medium Reply with quote

I count at least four already (would like to see a couple more) that want to run the clone medium. Do you clone medium guys want to run open clutch or the stamped drum shoe type clutch that we have been running?
Austin18

Score: 4181

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drum shoe clutch,we need to stay with the concept that got this class started. If you want to run a disc style clutch then go to the senior pro heavy class. They will be running this, because that's what wka runs.
mike sibley

Score: 605

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is another thing that is up in the air and needs to be settled before race time. When starting last year in sportsman it was to LEARN about the kart, and racing, now that I have raced a full year I will be moving up one class to learn more. I thought that going to Med calss was to try and get as fast as pro Heavy class. To do that I think that you need to run as close to their setup as possible. In saying that we should run the same equipment IE clutch motor pipe. That way you are trying to hone your driving skill with the hopes that you can gain the speed to move up with the heave. I thought that all of the classes was a way to learn. If not, just make it all one class put a weight of say 395 on it and everyone run the same class and be done with it. Either way the choice needs to be made so we can get back to racing and stop making this so drawn out with no plans just mear weeks away from start time.
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33691

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Austin, but I am not racing Clone.
DrChip
2014 President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

medium clone is a Local Option (LO) class like Sportsman. LO is done to meet the needs of the local track and their racers.

Therefore we can do anything the club racers decide on..

Let's get er done and go racin' boys, and girls too! C
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: